AILEEN D. NIEVA
Director Center for Continuing Education and Special Competencies
Master in Chemical Engineering, Mapua Institute of Technology
BS Chemical Engineering , Mapua Institute of Technology
Phone: +632- 5245572/+632-7516482
Honors and Awards
- DOST- Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT), July 2011 – June 2014 : Scholarship for Doctorate in Chemical Engineering
- 3rd Place in Best Practices in Teaching and Learning at Mapua, January 2011, Progressive Learning: A Teaching and Assessment Methodology used in Environmental Engineering Courses
- Finalist for Best Practices in Teaching and Learning at Mapua, October 2005, Industry-Based Research Collaboration for MS Environmental Engineering Program
- 3rd Place Winner for Best Practices in Teaching and Learning at Mapua, January 2004, Integration of Introduction to Environmental Science and Engineering (ENFK 513) and Chemical Plant Design CHFK 591D) through the Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for a Chemical Plant
- Finalist for Best Practices in Teaching and Learning at Mapua, January 2004, Integration of Sustainable Development Concepts in Introduction to Environmental Science and Engineering (ENFK 513)
- College Scholar 1st Semester and 2nd Semester School Year 2002-2003 at University of the Philippines, Diliman, June 2002 and November 2002
- Most Outstanding Faculty Member 2002
- Magna Cumlaude; Masters in Chemical Engineering; Mapua Institute of Technology; November 1998
- DOST- Science Education Institute (SEI), 1997 – 1998, Scholarship for Masters in Engineering major in Chemical Engineering
- Biosorption of various contaminants using agricultural wastes
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Sustainable Development
- A. D. Nieva, B. T. Doma, H. P. Chao, Leng, L. S. Biosorption of Pb2+ and Cu2+ in aqueous solutions using agricultural wastes. European Physical Journal Web of Conferences 162, 01082 (2017).
- A. N. Soriano, O. N. Orfiana, M. B. J. Pangon, A. D. Nieva, A. P. Adornado. Simulated biosorption of Cd(II) and Cu(II) in single and binary metal Systems by water hyacinths (Eichhornia crassipes) using Aspen Adosprtion®. ASEAN Journal of Chemical Engineering, 16 (2): 21-43, 2016.
- N. D. F. Duga, P. E. A. Imperial, A. N. Soriano, A. D. Nieva. Packed Bed Biosorption of Lead and Copper Ions Using Sugarcane Bagasse. ASEAN Journal of Chemical Engineering, 16 (1), 2016.
- A. D. Nieva, F. C. De Vera, A. P. Adornado, B. P. Gallarte, B. T. Doma, H. P. Chao. Simulation of Biosorption of Lead and Copper with Pinus insularis using Aspen Adsorption®. Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers (PICHE) Journal, 2015.
- H.P. Chao, C. C. Chang, A. D. Nieva. Biosorption of heavy metals on Citrus maxima peel, passion fruit shell, and sugarcane bagasse in a fixed-bed column. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 20: 3408–3414, 2014.
- Cedula, K.,and Nieva, A. D. (2012). Removal of oxytetracycline in simulated wastewater by coagulation GSTF Digital Library DOI: 10.5176/2301-3761_CCECP.46 Coagulation @Proceedings of 1st Annual International Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Chemical Process ISSN: 2301-3761, E-periodical: 2301-377X.
- Castillo, A, Caparanga, A. and Nieva, A. D. (2012) Improved emulsion breaking for treatment of bilge water by induced-air floatation (2012). AIChE Annual Meeting, Conference Proceedings ISBN: 978-081691073-1, Copyright 2013 Elsevier B. V.
- Science & Technology & Society Courseware (for publishing) C&E Publishing