BONIFACIO T. DOMA, JR. , PH.D.
EVP for Academic Affairs
PhD Chemical Engineering, University of the Philippines-Diliman
MS Chemical Engineering, University of the Philippines- Diliman
BS Chemical Engineering, Mapua University
Phone: +63 2 3367103
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Cardinal Excellence Award, h-index=8
- 2018 Cardinal Excellence Award, h-index=7
- 2017 Cardinal Excellence Award for being included in the Google Scholar Citations Top 250 Scientists in the Philippines (July 2016),
- Best Thesis Adviser, Undergraduate Level, Improving Pervaporation Performance of PVDF-based Hollow Fiber Membranes using Co-Solvent Assisted Interfacial Polymerization , Advisee: Jazmine Aiya D. Marquez, 2018
- Best Thesis Adviser, Undergraduate Level, Synthesis of Gelatin- -Polyglutamic Acid-Based Hydrogel for the In-Vitro Controlled Release of Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) from Camellia sinensis, Advisee: John Philip D. Garcia, 2013
- Best Thesis Adviser, Graduate level, A Study on the Synthesis of Nanosized Zero-Valent Iron by Chemical Vapor Deposition, Advisee: Mauricio H. Camayra, Jr., 2007
- Professorial Chair in Principles of Chemical Engineering, MITChE-Chm Alumni Association, 1999-2000
- JSPS Research Fellow, Yamaguchi University, Japan, 1999
- Recipient, DOST-ESEP Scholarship, 1994-1998
- A. D. Nieva, B. T. Doma, H.-P. Chao, Biosorption of MnO4- in Aqueous Solutions using Pinus insularis, IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 191 (2018).
- J.A.D. Marquez, M.B.M.Y. Ang, B.T. Doma, S.H. Huang, H.A. Tsai, K.R. Lee, J.Y. Lai, Application of cosolvent-assisted interfacial polymerization technique to fabricate thin-film composite polyamide pervaporation membranes with PVDF hollow fiber as support, J. Memb. Sci. 564 (2018) 722–731.
- K.G. Quiton, B. Doma, C.M. Futalan, M.-W. Wan, Removal of chromium(VI) and zinc(II) from aqueous solution using kaolin-supported bacterial biofilms of Gram-negative E. coli and Gram-positive Staphylococcus epidermidis, Sustain. Environ. Res. (2018).
- L.L. Tayo, A.R. Caparanga, B.T. Doma, C.-H. Liao, A Review on the Removal of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) using Advanced Oxidation Processes, J. Adv. Oxid. Technol. 21 (2018).
- [S. Laohaprapanon, A.D. Vanderlipe, B.T. Doma Jr, S.-J. You, Self-cleaning and antifouling properties of plasma-grafted poly(vinylidene fluoride) membrane coated with ZnO for water treatment, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. 70 (2017).
- A.D. Nieva, B.T. Doma, H.-P. Chao, L.S. Leng, Biosorption of Pb2+and Cu2+in aqueous solutions using agricultural wastes, in: EPJ Web Conf., 2017.
- D.P. Bernabe, R.A.S. Herrera, B.T. Doma, M.-L. Fu, Y. Dong, Y.-F. Wang, Adsorption of low concentration formaldehyde in air using ethylene-diamine-modified diatomaceous earth, Aerosol Air Qual. Res. 15 (2015).
- A.G. Espiritu, B.T. Doma, Y.-F. Wang, F.C.P. Masim, Efficacy of methanol extracts of Mentha haplocalyx Briq. and Paeonia suffruticosa Andr. for potential antibacterial activity, Sustain. Environ. Res. 24 (2014).
- J.P.D. Garcia, M.-F. Hsieh, B.T. Doma Jr., D.C. Peruelo, I.-H. Chen, H.-M. Lee, Synthesis of gelatin-γ-Polyglutamic acid-based hydrogel for the in vitro controlled release of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from Camellia sinensis, Polymers (Basel). 6 (2014).
- V.J.M. Romero, J.-F. Tsai, B.T. Doma, H.-P. Chao, Development of functionalized carbon spheres from glucose and sucrose for the adsorption of cationic moieties in aqueous solutions, Sustain. Environ. Res. 24 (2014).
- A.N. Soriano, B.T. Doma Jr., M.-H. Li, Density and refractive index measurements of 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium-based ionic liquids, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. 41 (2010).
- A.N. Soriano, B.T. Doma Jr., M.-H. Li, Carbon dioxide solubility in 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium trifluoromethanesulfonate, J. Chem. Thermodyn. 41 (2009).
- A.N. Soriano, B.T. Doma Jr., M.-H. Li, Carbon dioxide solubility in some ionic liquids at moderate pressures, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. 40 (2009).
- A.N. Soriano, B.T. Doma Jr., M.-H. Li, Measurements of the density and refractive index for 1-n-butyl-3-methylimidazolium-based ionic liquids, J. Chem. Thermodyn. 41 (2009).
- A.N. Soriano, B.T. Doma Jr., M.-H. Li, Solubility of carbon dioxide in 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium 2-(2-methoxyethoxy) ethylsulfate, J. Chem. Thermodyn. 40 (2008).
- A.N. Soriano, B.T. Doma Jr., M.-H. Li, Solubility of carbon dioxide in 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate, J. Chem. Eng. Data. 53 (2008).
- M.C.V. Flora, B.T. Doma Jr., J.R.V. Flora, A.T. Cooper, M.H. Chaudhry, E.C. Obra, An international partnership to address institutional environmental education needs in the Philippines, in: ASEE Annu. Conf. Proc., 2001.